Designed by Cornelius J. White, State Architect for New York, in the 1930s, the original Mann Library was first opened in 1952. Following the completion of a library addition designed by Edward Larabee Barnes in 2000, architect Beyhan Karahan designed an extensive renovation of the original building, which was completed and re-opened to the public in 2007. Mann Library now offers a state-of-the-art facility for teaching and learning, including:
While nothing beats visiting our beautiful building in person, our renovation information page provides more detail about the building's history, our Facilities page provides an overview of Library resources, and the Mann Library SmartMap offers an interactive map for exploring and locating specific points of interest.
The Mann Library collection includes a variety of materials in our general stacks, as well as specialty collections located throughout the building. The Floor Overview page describes what is located on each floor. The Mann Library SmartMap can be used to find specific collections or call numbers as well.
Albert R. Mann Library
237 Mann Drive, Cornell University