Mann Library offers a wealth of information for users through its large collection of print and online resources, including journals, online databases, digital resources, and reference tools. Nearly 800,000 print volumes are stored both in Mann Library and at the Annex storage facility on the Cornell campus. Together, these print and digital materials provide a strong basis for scholarship in interdisciplinary areas across the Cornell University and make Mann one of the top library collections in agriculture, life sciences and human ecology in the United States, with an active role in the dissemination of scholarship throughout the world.
- Digital Collections and services created and/or hosted by Mann Library.
- Comstock Entomology Collection -Virtual collection of materials formerly housed in the Comstock Memorial Library of Entomology. In 2012 the Comstock collection was integrated into the main life sciences collection housed at Mann Library.
Current Periodicals -Select journals designated as "current periodicals" in the library catalog are located on the first floor in the Current Periodical Area (map it). All other print journals are shelved in the regular stacks by call number. Many of our journals are available only in electronic format, so current issues are available online. Use Find E-Journals or the library catalog to get access to these current issues.
Reference Materials -Frequently used reference materials for use in the library only, including dictionaries, encyclopedias, manuals, and that are housed on the 1st floor (map it).
- Special Collections -Mann Library has a fine selection of historical, valuable, and scarce material. This page describes the collections and how they can be accessed. Additionally, Mann also houses specialty collections such as the Ellis Collection for leisure reading and the science Curriculum Materials Collection.
- New Books (and more) Recent additions to the library's collections, including books, serials, videos, and other formats.
Print Collection Access
- Borrowing -Learn how to request and borrow Library materials.
- Finding -Stacks Maps for finding items in our collection, including location of specific call numbers.
Collection Development and Preservation
- Policy information and preservation activities related to Mann Libraries collection development.
- Serials Review Mann Library is conducting an ongoing evaluation of our serial
subscriptions in order to better manage our resources in difficult financial times.
- Request a Book Purchase -Make a suggestion for a book purchase