Mann Library has the following equipment available for check-out from the 1st floor Circulation Desk (map it). The additional equipment page lists other items, including cables and peripherals. All are available on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis only. The tables below list current availability of select items, with links for more info about each. If you don't find what you are looking for at Mann, see our index of other equipment, rooms and av services elsewhere at Cornell. **Please note: Equipment is not renewable on line.
Availability and Information Links
|Dell Laptop||Available||4 Hours|
|Apple Macbook||Available||4 Hours|
- Equipment can be checked out by Cornell students, faculty and staff only, with a valid Cornell ID.
- Equipment loans are not extended to holders of NY State Privilege cards, CU Library cards, proxy users or spousal card holders. "On leave" or "in absentia" status students are not eligible.
- The loan period for equipment is 3 days, except laptops which are 4 hour loans.
- Equipment is charged out as a complete kit, and patrons are responsible for returning all items on time and in good condition to the Mann Library Circulation desk during normal operating hours. No items should ever be deposited for return in an overnight drop box.
- Overdue fines are $1.00/minute.
Questions can be directed to the Circulation Desk at 255-3296.
Peripherals and Accessories
The additional equipment page lists other items, including peripherals, available on a walk-in basis.
A Sony RDR-VX555 VHS to DVD deck is available in the Stone Computing Center on the first floor (map it). It is attached to a Sharp television for viewing. Basic instructions for transferring footage to DVD are posted next to the unit. A detailed manual is available here.
Although Mann Library does not have a public fax machine, there are numerous free online fax services available as well as public fax machines scattered across campus; these are described on the Fax Services page.
Limited support is available for equipment and specialized workstation users. We highly encourage faculty and teaching assistants to utilize the STAP program for audio and video project support. Most support Mann Library offers is in the form of self help materials, including manuals and quick guides (click item description in table above for links). If you are using one of the Apple applications (e.g. iMovie, iDVD, or Final Cut), the Apple Support site may be helpful, including iMovie tutorials iDVD tutorials. We also encourage users to look at instructional opportunities at Cornell, including Mann, CIT and ATC workshops.