Mann Library has a limited number of Dell laptops and Apple MacBooks available for 4 hour loan with a valid Cornell ID from the Mann Library Circulation Desk (map it).
|Dell Laptop||Available||4 Hours|
|Apple Macbook||Available||4 Hours|
- DO NOT LEAVE LAPTOPS UNATTENDED.
- Laptops are not to leave the library and can not be used in the lobby or cafe, or any area beyond the front gates.
- Patrons are responsible for any equipment lost, stolen, or damaged. Upon return, laptops are checked to ensure all equipment is returned and intact.
- Replacement costs may range beyond $2500.
- Late fee of $0.04 per minute per item late.
- A list of software on the laptops is available here.
- Wireless access is available throughout most of the building, on all 4 floors. However, at the ends of the building, you may become too far away from the antennas of the wireless routers (map it) for that floor to get a good connection.
- Questions? Please ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk.
Using Your Personal Laptop at Mann
- Wireless set up instructions are available from CIT here: http://www.cit.cornell.edu/redrover/setup.html
- If you would like to plug your laptop into our in-desk Ethernet network, there are a few desks with Ethernet cables on the second floor study area facing the Atrium, across from the ITS office area (map it).
- If you are a visitor to Cornell (that is, if you currently are not affiliated with Cornell as a student, staff or faculty) you will be required to register online as a visitor if you wish to connect your laptop to our network. Details are at http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/connect/visitor.html. Registration is fast, easy and automatic.
Printing from personal laptops at Mann can be done easily via Net-Print. Other printers at Mann (plotters, color printer, etc.) are not accessible directly from laptops. For this kind of printing, you'll need to transfer your work to one of our public workstations in order to be on the same network as the printers. If you need assistance, please ask for help at the Stone Computing Center Desk (map it).