Mann Library Computing Center has 3 Canon color plotters located in the Stone Computing Center (map it) which can print in b&w or color on matte or glossy paper. Poster printing is available until 1 hour before the library closes.
See Stone Help Desk and Plotter Printing hours page for details, including exceptions during breaks.
Please see our information on course poster registration if you would like to register a class to print posters.
- Plotter jobs must be submitted from the Stone Center Help Desk. You will not be able to send a job to the plotters from any other computer. To print, you will need a copy of your file that has been saved on a USB drive.
- Stone Center Operators will check your settings before printing. Additional adjustments may be necessary. Use of these plotters requires the assistance of the Lab Operator. It is the responsibility of the patron to ensure that the document is formatted correctly before it is sent to the printer. If there is a layout issue, the patron is still responsible for the payment of that print job. Patrons are NOT responsible for misprints due to software or hardware failures/incompatibilities.
- Embedding fonts in a PowerPoint on a Mac. For special instructions on converting a Mac PowerPoint presentation to a PDF that will embed the fonts you have chosen, please see our tips on saving as a PDF.
- Plotter jobs are processed in the order submitted to the queue.
- Maximum cut length is 6 Feet. Patrons are responsible for cutting anything beyond that length.
- It is the patron's responsibility to ensure that the print job is correct before they leave. Once the job is paid for and leaves the building, any reprints will incur additional costs.
- PLOTTER JOBS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHIN ONE HOUR OF OPERATIONS DESK CLOSING TIME.
- $ 8.00 per linear foot - a Canon iPF 8300s plotter with matte paper. Maximum width is 42".
- $13.00 per linear foot - a Canon iPF 8300s plotter with glossy paper. Maximum width is 42"
- $16.00 per linear foot - a Canon iPF 9000s plotter with glossy paper. Maximum width is 60".
Accepted forms of payment:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Cornell Procurement Card)
- Department Account Number or Vendacard
Sorry, NO Cornell Card / Bursar Transactions
ALL PRINT JOBS MUST BE PAID FOR BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE STONE CENTER OPERATORS DESK.
Unpaid print jobs will be held for one business day.