Course Reserves at Mann Library
Select a course from the drop down menu below to see all items on reserve for a course. Items listed as Available can be requested at the Circulation Desk (map it). Please provide the call number listed. Items available electronically can be accessed via Blackboard. Courses or items not listed are not on reserve yet.
Not locating a course or item? Try a Course Reserves Search in the Library Catalog instead to see if the item is located elsewhere.
- Use the Mann Library Course Reserves Search Form above to check the availability of items on reserve at Mann Library.
- Items physically located on the reserve shelves, like books and TakeNote, will have call numbers. Note the call number of the item (Circulation Desk workers will need this to retrieve it from the reserve shelves).
- Request materials at the Circulation Desk on the first floor (map it) of Mann Library. A valid Cornell ID or other picture identication will need to be presented.
- All are available on a first-come, first-served basis with no reservations or wait lists (check this page frequently to monitor availability).
- Reserve items are short term loan only (usually 2-4 hours), and must be returned on time to avoid substantial fines (4 cents per minute).
- Electronic documents like articles, chapters and lecture notes will have a link to Blackboard. You may access e-reserves from class sites there, usually as PDF documents.
The CUL website's main reserves page has detailed step-by-step information on placing reserve requests, including policies. The reserves system integrates with Blackboard and allows instructors to manage and display a list of print and electronic reserve materials for their students without leaving the Blackboard system. It also provides the ability to view and track the processing status of reserve requests. Course lists created in the system are archived for future retrieval, so it will be possible to access and reinstate previous lists quickly.
Questions or Comments regarding reserves at Mann Library can be directed to: email@example.com. Correspondence via campus mail should be directed to the Reserves Dept., Mann Library. Our phone number is 255-9569.