Outreach & Engagement
As a Land Grant library, Mann Library supports insight and exchange amongst a diverse on and off campus community in service to our University, College, Library and Land Grant missions. We do this through a range of targeted services, resources and programming efforts. This page provides a brief index of our outreach and engagement work, including who we serve, the work we do, and overall goals for this work. You can learn more about this work here.
- Mann Library facilitates learning, research and outreach at Cornell University in agriculture, the life sciences, applied social sciences and human ecology.
- Supporting the work of Cornell Cooperative Extension and other partners in enabling the citizens of New York to improve their lives and communities through research-based knowledge and exchange.
- Mann’s national and international outreach focuses on bridging the information divide. In collaboration with a broad range of institutions and agencies, we work to make current scholarship available to scientists, students and citizens throughout the world.
Mann Library provides a range of resources and services to the communities we serve, including
- Print and online information resources provide a strong basis for inquiry in specialty areas and across disciplines.
- Specialized services for Cornell students, faculty and staff, as well as Cooperative Extension, New York State residents, library visitors, web resource users, and the international community.
- Innovative Information Systems
- Special events, lectures and exhibits
- Strategic Partnerships with many different local, regional, state, federal and international organizations.
Through our resources and services we help support the knowledge, technology and human capacity for addressing some of the most challenging issues facing society relating to environmental, social and economic problems. In alignment with University goals, this includes support for:
- Cross-disciplinary, systems approaches advancing productive and sustainable food, fiber and energy systems.
- Collaboration and two-way exchange connecting campus activities with real world needs, in New York State and beyond.
- Student engagement in real-world learning and public service activities is a vital part of their education.
- Intellectual diversity, fostering a climate that doesn't just tolerate differences but treasures them; and providing rich opportunities for learning from those differences.
Our Connected Minds, Resilient Communities programming is particularly focused on supporting collaborative engagement. Objectives include capacity building at Cornell and the Land Grant system, as well as the communities we serve, helping them become healthy, sustainable, just and equitable on their own terms, while building on existing assets.
If you would like to know more about our outreach and engagement work, please contact us at email@example.com.