Here's an overview of the wide range of services available to Cornell students. Please contact the Mann Library Information & Research Help Desk (map it) for more information on any of the services listed below at 607-255-5406 or email@example.com. The Ask a Librarian page also lists other sources of help.
Mann’s knowledgeable staff is ready to help you with all your questions, including (but certainly not limited to):
- Library Research and Literature Searches
- Citation Checking
- Internet Searching
- Finding Census and Numerical Data
- Finding Geospatial Data & Using GIS
- Using Endnote & RefWorks.
Workshops: Our open workshops are offered each semester, as well as in the summer. A typical offering of classes would include EndNote & RefWorks, Geographic Information Systems, Bloomberg, and Current Awareness Tools.
Tours: Mann library tours are typically scheduled at the beginning of each semester & are guided by Mann Public Services Librarians. They are a good opportunity to see the library and have your questions answered.
Students have access to a wide variety of cutting edge facilities at Mann Library. Here's a snapshot of what we have to offer:
- Stone Computing Center: Public computing facilities include Dell PCs and Macs. There are also three classrooms where class labs are held, as well as our workshops.
- Specialized Software: Many of Mann’s public computers contain specialized applications, including—but not limited to--ArcGIS, EndNote, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Minitab, Pagemaker, Photoshop, SAS & SPSS.
- AV Production Room: Two Mac Pro computers, with multimedia production/editing software and hardware.
- Laptop Check Out: 20 Dell laptops, 30 MacBook wireless laptops (in Library use only). Mice also available.
- Printing: Small and large format printing, from B&W letter size to glossy color plotter posters.
- Study Rooms & Lockers: Check out a individual study for four hours, or group room for 4 hours. A limited number of 8 hour loan study rooms are available to graduate students. Study desks and lockers are also available in the Grad Study Area (map it). Lockers are available for semester long use. All can be checked out at the Circulation Desk (map it) on the first floor.
- Equipment Checkout (available from Circulation Desk): Includes digital cameras, digital audio recorders, GPS units and headphones.
Access Services (or Circulation) manages the borrowing and returning of materials to the library, Reserves (both print and electronic), Interlibrary Loan, Borrow Direct and anything else having to do with the circulation of library materials.
- Interlibrary Loan: Borrowing and lending of books and journals not owned by Cornell.
- Borrow Direct: Easy to use patron generated book request and delivery system using Ivy League libraries. Simply look up a book in the Borrow Direct system, and have it delivered to Mann Library within 3-5 days. Not for journal articles.
- Electronic and Print Reserves: Course Reserve items available on the web or for short term loan checkout from the Circulation Desk (map it) on the first floor.
- Universal Return: Library items may be returned to any Cornell library. Once checked in they will be sent back to the lending library. Not for interlibrary loan, borrow direct, course reserve or hourly loans.