Bissett Collaborative Center
The Bissett Collaborative Area is located on the second floor (map it) of Mann Library. It is a customizable space for students to work collaboratively on academic projects and assignments. Watch the slideshow.
Equipment and Software
The space includes 4 collaborative workstations (2 of which are reservable), counterheight tables, and portable LCD screens for laptop hookup. The following equipment is available:
- Large LCD screens wth VGA and HDMI connector cables (four built-in with computers at the collaborative workstations, four 40" NEC on portable stands without computers)
- "Walk up and connect" media:scape technology at counterheight tables by atrium (no adapters needed to share LCD)
- Mobile whiteboards
- Mobile and comfortable chairs, sofas, ottomans, beanbags, and tables
- Reservation kiosk for collaborative workstations
*Laptops, whiteboard markers, and VGA Adapter cables (DVI for MacBook Pro, MiniDVI for MacBook and MicroDVI for MacBook Air) can be checked out from the first floor Circulation Desk (map it).
The computers at the collaborative workstations have:
- MS Office 2010
- Adobe Creative Suite
- FireFox, Safari and Chrome
Reserving a Collaborative Workstation
Two reservable collaborative workstations with built-in LCD screens and computers are available in the Bissett Center (the other two are available on a first-come, first served basis).
Collaborative work areas and equipment, except for the two reservable collaborative workstations, are available on a first-come, first served basis. Priority is given to groups of two or more and individuals may be asked to move by groups. Usage is limited to academic related group activities only. Talking and group work is encouraged, but please be considerate of those working around you. See additional policies for reservable workstations. Mann Library computing policies also apply.
Help with use of equipment can generally be requested Mon. - Thurs. 8am - 11pm & Fri. 8am - 5pm (see help desk hours for full semester schedule) at the first floor Stone Computing Center Help Desk (255-3240).