Room 261 can be reserved for presentations and has a large LCD monitor mounted on the wall (unlike the other rooms there is no A/V cart). It is the only large group room that can be reserved ahead of time for use. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance for up to four hours. Reservations can be made here. We do not take reservations for this room over the phone or via email.
When not reserved, the presentation room is unlocked and available for anyone to use. If you do make a reservation, please bring a copy of your confirmation email with you as you made need to politely ask another student(s) to vacate the room.
If you need support for this room, please contact the Stone Center Help Desk, 607-255-3240.
Presentation Room (261) Reservation and Use Policy
The presentation room is intended for students to practice their presentations in front of a small audience. The following policy is to facilitate better use of these spaces for all.
- The peresentation room is intended for current student academic use only. Faculty and staff members needing spaces should contact email@example.com or their department about finding appropriate spaces to meet their needs.
- RESERVATIONS HAVE PRIORITY. If you are using the presentation room and do not have a valid reservation, you must leave when asked by a group that has a valid reservation. To make a reservation, use the online system. Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance and you must have a valid Cornell e-mail address. Upon selecting available reservation times, you will be sent an e-mail to confirm your reservation. You must click the link in that e-mail within 30 minutes to confirm and complete the reservation process.
- On any calendar day, you may reserve a maximum of FOUR HOURS. If you attempt to exceed this limits, your reservations may be canceled, and your time slots will be available to other groups. Each group member can make a separate reservation, but please be considerate of other users and reserve no more time than you will actually need.
- Upon confirming your reservation, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Save this e-mail as it will be used to settle disputes about who has reserved and has permission to use the presentation room in question. You will have a TEN MINUTE GRACE PERIOD for your reservation. If your group is not present within ten minutes of the start of your reserved time, you will lose the remainder of that hour of your reservation, and another group may use the space for the rest of the hour.
- If you leave the presentation room unoccupied after the grace period has expired, another group may use the presentation room. Any belongings left in the unoccupied presentation room will be turned in to the lost and found.
- Save your booking confirmation e-mail as it will be used to verify your reservation in the event that two groups claim to have a reservation for the same space and time.
- Please cancel your reservation if you will not be using the space. To do so, simply click the link provided in your booking confirmation e-mail.
- Please refer any issues to the Stone Center Help Desk on the 1st floor.
You must make reservations through the online system. Reservations are not taken over the phone and cannot be made in person.