Study Rooms to Loan
Room keys can be checked out at the 1st floor Circulation Desk (map it) with a valid Cornell photo ID. Dry erase marker kits and timers are also available to check out. Study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis and are not intended for ongoing classes.
|Individual Study Rooms||Available||4 Hours|
|Small Group Study Rooms||Available||4 Hours|
|Large Group Study Rooms||Available||4 Hours|
|Grad Study Rooms||Available||8 Hours|
Individual study room users please note:
- Study rooms are for the use of currently enrolled and active Cornell students only during the academic semester.
- Graduate study rooms are for the use of currently enrolled and active Cornell graduate students only.
- Individual study rooms are not available for use by holders of NY State Privilege cards, CU Library cards, proxy users, spousal card holders, or students with a status of "on leave" or "in absentia".
Group room users please note:
- Small Group Study Rooms must have at least 2 people from the group present at the desk at the time of the key check out. A lone member of the group cannot stay in the room if the rest of the group leaves.
- Large Group Study Rooms must have at least 3 people from the group present at the desk at the time of the key check out. A lone member of the group cannot stay in the room if the rest of the group leaves.
- All room loans, regardless of room size, are non-renewable.
- Group study rooms are not available for use by holders of NY State Privilege cards, CU Library cards, proxy users, spousal card holders, or students with a status of "on leave" or "in absentia".
If you don't find what you are looking for at Mann, see our index of other equipment, rooms and av services elsewhere at Cornell.
Please observe the following guidelines when using group rooms:
- You may check out the room key, wireless keyboard and mouse at the Circulation Desk (map it).
- The loan period for individual and group study rooms is 4 hours, no renewals, no exceptions. The loan period for graduate rooms is 8 hours, no renewals, no exceptions.
- The Presentation Room (Rm 261) can be reserved. Priority of use is for groups of 2 or more with presentations.
- Rooms are subject to occasional inspection by staff.
- You must wait 15 minutes before checking out another group room.*
- The use of a group study room is for academic purposes only. These rooms are not intended for ongoing classes.
- It is your responsibility when the loan period ends that the door is closed and locked, the lights are turned off, all group members and their personal belongings vacated, and furnishings and equipment left in the same condition as they found.**
- Overdue fines are 4 cents per minute.
- There is a misuse fine of $15 for circumvention of loan policies or room misuse, assigned at the discretion of the circulation staff.
* No one in the same group is allowed to borrow a group room until a 15 min. wait period has passed. Adding or changing members of a group does not constitute a new group. Intentionally keeping study rooms overdue violates the Campus Code of Conduct and may jeopardize future room use privileges, as well as possible referral to the Judicial Administrator.
** If you check out a room and discover that the furnishings and/or equipment are damaged, missing or otherwise misused, please notify staff at the Mann Circulation Desk of the situation right away.