GIS at Mann
Mann Library offers walk-in help at the GIS Help Desk, located in the Consultation Area just outside Stone Classroom. We can help you get started on a project, help you find data, or refer you to other GIS experts on campus.
If the walk-in hours (typically 2-4 pm Monday through Friday when classes are in session) are not convenient for you, you may also set up a one-on-one consultation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Book a Consultation link (at right) to arrange a consultation that fits your schedule.
QGIS is free, open-source desktop GIS software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. See the QGIS website for more information.
- ArcGIS is desktop GIS software for Windows, and requires a license to run.
- Students currently enrolled in a GIS course -- contact your instructor
- All other students -- contact Steve Smith (email@example.com)
- CALS faculty and staff -- contact Steve Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Cornell faculty and staff -- contact Frank Popowitch (email@example.com)
- Manifold is desktop GIS software for Windows, and is currently free for active Cornell students, faculty, and staff.
- See Getting Manifold (Cornell users)
- Carto is a web-based application for mapping and GIS analysis. Create a free account using your Cornell email address at https://cornell.carto.com/signup.
- Geolode.org is a worldwide catalog of geospatial data sources compiled and maintained by staff at Cornell and other universities.
- CUGIR is the Cornell University Geospatial Information Repository.