Back in the Stacks
Wed Oct 7, 2020
Mann Library is pleased to announce that Mann's stacks are now again open to in-person research and browsing by on-campus Cornellians. Here’s how it’s working:
- Stacks browsing hours are Mondays through Thursdays 10:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m.; Fridays 10:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Saturdays 12:00 p.m. through 5:00 p.m.; and Sundays 12:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m.
- Browsing is open to Cornellians who are cleared to be on campus (i.e. who are submitting daily check-ins and receive regular COVID-19 testing)
- Faculty and staff do not need an appointment to browse the stacks; they will need to use their Cornell ID to swipe into Mann and inform student staff at the welcome desk that they here to browse the stacks.
- Graduate & undergraduate students will be required to have a seat reservation to be in the library (which can be made at chatter.cornell.edu). They will use their Cornell ID to swipe into the building and will also confirm with student staff at the welcome desk that they have a seat reservation.
- Stacks maps with 2nd & 3rd floor call number locations as well as information how to check out items are available. Please just ask for one if you don’t receive it automatically when you check in with the attending student assistant.
- We are working on providing on-site check out and will update this page when it is available. In the meantime, if you browse the stacks and see an item you wish to check out please make a request for that item through our catalog or contactless pick-up.
- On-site checkout will be available for circulating items that are not available digitally through the Hathi Trust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS.) For more information about ETAS, visit here.
- De-densified seating is available on the 3rd floor for faculty members needing to sit down at a table while looking for materials.