Reunion 2018 @ Mann
Mann’s 2018 Reunion program features the fruits of some wonderful collaboration with different Cornell programs and departments and with the Biodiversity Heritage Library.Visiting us this weekend, you’ll be able to:
Explore how the olden (apple) golden is becoming all the new age fine dining rage—thanks to some important help from Cornell plant scientists and the knowledge captured in heritage life sciences literature
- Lecture by Dr. Gregory Peck (Section of Horticulture, School of Integrative Plant Science), The Modern Emergence of a Historic Drink(Fri, 6/8, Stern Seminar Room; for those who cannot make it to the talk in person, we will be livestreaming via the Mann Library Facebook page)
- Exhibit: Apples to Cider: An Old Industry Takes New Root(Mann Lobby)
- New online collection of heritage literature in the Biodiversity Heritage Library: Pomology (apples and cider)
Learn how Cornell researchers at the Tata-Cornell Institute are working with community members in India to tackle problems of chronic malnutrition.
- Exhibit:Portraitsof Progress: Confronting Indian Malnutrition Through Field-Based Research Under the Tata-Cornell Institute (TCI)(Mann Gallery)
- Exhibit preview: Highlights from exhibit opening
Get hands-on with some of the exciting ways you can design and create your own innovations in the new mannUfactory makerspace that recently opened at the Library.
- Apples & more @ the mannUfactory makerspace (Fri, 6/8, 11:30 - 1:30 pm; Sat 6/9, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, Mann Room 112)
See some fun and beautiful new life-sciences themed art and other displays created by Cornell students and visiting fellows during the past year.
- Exhibit: Fashion and Identity in Sri Lankan Cinema(Follett Information Commons)
- Exhibit: The Magic of Mushrooms(2nd floor)
- Mural art: Earth Sea, by Viola Yu '18(Ground floor corridor and B30)
Most of our program is family friendly—we warmly invite curious minds of all ages to drop in and explore. We hope to see you here!
For information about all Reunion events across the Cornell University Library system, please seehttps://www.library.cornell.edu/about/events.